Today we went for a walk at La Plancha Park, the newest huge infrastructure in our beautiful city of Merida, Yucatan. We could go on about the size, the modern architecture, the amenities, and so much more – because they are all impressive – but this is a dog’s eye view. After all, we are Pet-Friendly Yucatan!
What is La Plancha Park?
La Plancha Park is a huge project built by the Federal Government of Mexico to provide a much-needed large recreational area for this fast-growing city. The park is nearly 10 acres in size and the designers have managed to provide an incredible number of activities within this space. We’ll list some of them below.
- Bicycle, walking, and jogging paths.
- Skate park.
- Two dog parks – one for big dogs and one for little dogs.
- Covered and open children’s play areas.
- A lake with fountains that are lit up at night.
- A huge amphitheater.
- A swimming area.
- A food court.
- Trains – lots of old trains as the area used to be a train station.
- A new tram station – not yet open but will connect Merida to the Tren Maya station in Teya
- So much more.
Click here to read the complete original article on Pet Friendly Yucatán
Source: Pet Friendly Yucatán